Volgende vergadering: Woensdag, 29 Mei, 17:00; Santa Fé Coffee Shop (agter ABSA), Da Gamaweg, Jeffreysbaai.
Spreker: Dr. Piet Aucamp. Onderwerp: "My seëlversameling en die genealogie".

Soek iets in Jaarringe

Soek jy na 'n berig in Jaarringe? Tik 'n sleutelwoord hieronder in en klik om toegang tot die berig te verkry.

11 January 2013

Sound advice from The Computer Lady

Question 
Should I leave my computer running once I start it up for the day or not?
 
Answer
This is one of those questions that I see again and again, and the problem is that there is no right or wrong answer. 

I usually tell people to turn their computer on the morning, and unless they are leaving for the day, just keep it on until they use it for the last time before retiring for the night.

Most computers these days will automatically go into "sleep mode" after a few minutes of inactivity, so you don't have to worry about using too much electricity.

Even if you like to leave your computer on all the time, it is important to shut it down once a day. This gives the computer a chance to close out all open files and then reload them. Your computer will run better this way.

Click HERE for more good advice.